HOW ARE APPOINTMENTS SCHEDULED?
Our office attempts to schedule appointments at your convenience and when time is available. The following policies will be used when scheduling appointments:
- Preschool children should be seen in the morning because they are fresher and we have more time in our schedule to work at their pace. Young children requiring restorative work should be seen in the morning for the same reasons.
- Family appointments: With today’s busy schedules, we understand the convenience associated with having concurrent appointments for all children in a family. Every attempt will be made to provide family appointments, however, there will be a fee for less than 48 hours notice for cancellation.
- Appointment confirmation: Patients are given appointment cards for upcoming visits. Reminder cards are sent approximately 1 month in advance for routine dental appointments. As a courtesy, we will attempt to make reminder calls for most appointments.
- School notes: Missing school can be kept to a minimum when regular dental care is continued. Dental appointments are an excused absence. We will provide a note for your child’s school confirming their appointment.
- Cancellation policy: Since appointed times are reserved exclusively for each patient we ask that you please notify our office 24 hours (48 hours for families) in advance of your scheduled appointment time if you are unable to keep your appointment. Another patient, who needs our care, could be scheduled if we have sufficient time to notify them. We realize that unexpected things can happen, but we ask for your assistance in this regard.
If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting time. Due to the fact Dr. Albano provides many types of services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.